Find, compare and research the best Weight Loss Programs and Products
Find & Compare the best deals on weight loss programs and products in Australia, including weight loss treatments, supplements, shakes, online programs and so much more.
The Best of Weight Loss Products & Programs in 2021
Do you sell weight loss products or programs? See how Fittco can help you grow!
Weight loss is the conscious mental and physical effort of losing weight. It requires changes in nutrition and physical activity.
People who want to lose weight can do it in different weights. Weight can sometimes be reduced through eating less or eating healthier.
Other times it can be reduced by following a strict fitness program. In most cases, weight loss is a combination of both these approaches. Here are the most common weight loss influences and their role in getting fitter.
Weight loss products
Weight loss products are among the first steps towards a fitter physique. From dumbbells to bicycles, weight loss gear comes in multiple shapes and sizes. One of the affordable ways to use such gear is to get a gym membership. Another more practical way to lose weight is to purchase weight loss fitness gear to use at home. The most effective weight loss fitness machines and products include the following.
- Spin bikes
- Stair climbers
- Elliptical trainers
- Jump ropes
- Elastic bands
Weight loss gear can also be smaller, especially for those with limited storage space. Dumbbells, kettlebells, and even a yoga mat are compact options for a good fitness workout orientated towards weight loss.
Weight loss programs
Weight loss programs are specifically developed to burn calories. These programs can generally be split into cardio and strength training.
- Cardio programs
Cardiovascular training such as HIIT or indoor cycling is ideal activities to burn as many calories as possible. Cardio programs are also represented by high-tempo training where an elevated heart rate promotes faster calorie burning.
- Strength training programs
Strength training programs also burn calories. Lifting weights at the gym burns body fat and also builds muscle. This is the alternative taken by those who don’t like the high intensity of cardiovascular workouts.
- Hybrid programs
Hybrid workouts that combine cardio exercises and strength training are also popular for weight loss and better fitness. Cross-training and boot camp training combine the both of best worlds for a unique style of training that burns calories.
Weight loss supplements
Weight loss supplements should be taken according to the recommendations of a health professional such as a dietitian or a general practitioner. Weight loss supplements include the following.
- Green tea
- Apple cider vinegar
Some of these come with limited weight loss results. Others weight loss supplements suppress appetite. It’s important to discuss them in detail with a doctor.
Weight loss shakes
Weight loss shakes or meal replacement shakes are based on healthy nutrition that promotes lower body fat. The advantage of weight loss shakes is their versatility as you can consume them both at home and while away from home.
Weight loss treatments
Acupuncture and acupressure are two of the most popular weight loss treatments. These are complementary to weight loss nutrition and weight loss workouts. Acupuncture is one of the ancient treatments that promote weight loss through controlled appetite.
Online weight loss programs
Online weight loss programs are general or personalized plans which can be followed remotely. These are typically run by personal trainers, nutritionists, and even by doctors. Online weight loss programs often include videoconferencing with the purpose of staying on track and updating personal results according to a weight loss plan.
Similar to online coaching, online weight loss programs offer a professional perspective and professional guidance in the weight loss process. It’s typically cost-effective as there’s no physical presence to consider. Online weight loss programs are also time-saving. They don’t involve travelling to get personalized nutritional and workout information. These programs last from a few weeks up to a few months.
6 Common Weight Loss Mistakes
Weight loss is often a long process. Myths and mistakes can make this process even longer. Many people can avoid some of the basic weight loss problems to achieve fitness goals faster.
- Taking weight the wrong way. Weight is not the only determining factor to track weight loss. Muscle is heavier than body fat and a muscular or athletic body can look fit even without showing a smaller number on the scale. While weight is one of the body variables to track during weight loss it should also be compared to how the body looks, especially in weight loss plans that involve weightlifting.
- Not exercising enough. Not exercising enough is one of the main causes of slow weight loss. Only exercising once per week is not sufficient for an active lifestyle or weight loss. This is why it’s important to exercises multiple times per week for a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercising too much. On the other hand, exercising too much can lead to burnout. Exercising every day without taking any rest days can have a detrimental effect on weight loss. This effect can be seen in low energy levels, feeling tired, or even in suffering joint pain from excessive physical activity.
- Overlooking nutrition. Nutrition is an important aspect of weight loss. Discussing nutrition with doctors is crucial, especially for weight loss or potential calorie restrictions. Protein and vegetables have been extensively studied for their beneficial role in weight loss and they should be prioritized with each meal.
- Restricting too many foods and activities. Restricting certain foods to an extreme level can have a detrimental impact on the mind. This is why extreme diets often fail as they can’t be sustainable. Switching from a mentality of dieting to healthy eating as a lifestyle can be easier to deal with.
- Eating healthy foods in large quantities. Even healthy foods can cause weight gain. Avocado is one of the healthy foods recommended for almost any person interested in a healthy diet. At the same time, one cup of avocado has 234 calories which makes it one of the healthy foods that need portioning to avoid weight gain.
Weight loss is one of the most motivating fitness objectives. Losing weight comes with multiple benefits such as lower pressure on the joints and a healthier cardiovascular system. Low body weight also makes daily tasks such as walking or getting up considerably easier.